Friday 16 June 2017

Millefiori Quilts

This week I started something new.  It's Ballet avec Kaffe Fassett from Millefiori Quilts 2 by Willyne Hammerstein.  Yes, it's another epic English Paper Pieced quilt with a gazillion pieces to glue and stitch together.  Madness, I know.  But it's going to look fantastic (I hope).


When I found out that Willyne Hammerstein is releasing a third Millefiori Quilts book in September, I thought I needed to get a move on and use the paper pieces and acrylics I had bought for Ballet with Kaffe last year.  I tend to put these silly restrictions on myself about not starting something new until I've finished what I've already got.  I know most quilters don't abide by those rules, but somehow I feel compelled to keep my stash under control and finish what I've already purchased.


I've started a whole new tab to keep link all my posts about this quilt.  I know it's going to take months, or maybe even a whole year, to complete, and people who embark on this pattern in the future like to see how other people have approached it.

my inspiration fabric by Cotton + Steel


 You can see more photos about my approach for Ballet avec Kaffe Fassett here on the new tab.


I know many people have read my page about my la passacaglia quilt and found the information useful.  It's here if you're looking for information about la passacaglia.

9 comments:

Bambi Pearson said...

Getting ready to begin my first EPP project. Going to use some prints from Joel Dewberry. Hopefully it will not be a total disaster-haha. I don't think there's such a thing as an ugly quilt, just unique in it's own way!

Stitchified said...

This is going to be a(nother!) fantastic quilt. I can't wait to see your progress!

Kyle said...

OH, wow! This is going to be awesome. I have a hard time starting something new, even if I've gathered the materials for the project, when I've got a few others that need to be finished. It's nice to hear you're challenged in the same way.

Susan said...

That really is an epic undertaking! I admire both your stamina and your self-control! I love that lovely pink you have chosen so far! It's going to be awesome Wendy!

maryandpatch.blogspot.com said...

Whouah!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Wiow! All the best for this new project, I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Schulz Family said...

cant wait to follow the progress of this quilt

margaret said...

lovely . It seems your post about how well you did at the show is not showing thought you would like to know congratulations I saw all the ribbons on instagram

Patsy said...

I do hexies but don't know how to do your project. Are there books?